Aim :- The Biodiversity club is a student club for pre-professional, transfer students interested in organism biology and conservation. It seeks to interact with the scientific community and to contribute to the student’s educational growth, recreational needs and personal development. The main objectives of establishing the Biodiversity Clubs include Assessing the local biodiversity and come up with programs on benefit sharing of biodiversity resources in association with BMCs.
Nature of activities of Biodiversity Club
- In association with BMCs conduct biodiversity studies
- Involve in the activities of forming People’s Biodiversity Registers.
- Assessing the local biodiversity and come up with programs on benefit sharing of biodiversity resources in association with BMCs.
- Conducting awareness programs on biodiversity conservation.
- Equip younger generation to create biodiversity awareness in the community
- Help to materialize biodiversity conservation plans proposed by BMCs of the area.
Activities of Biodiversity Club (2019-20)
- The Department of Botany in Association with Biodiversity Club and ENCON club of Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam has celebrated World Wetland Day-2019 with the focal theme "Wetlands and climate change" supported by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), Thiruvananthapuram.
- The various programmes like a one day seminar on "Our Wetlands : Valued or Wasted", The Cleaning Campaign for Clean Ashtamudi, College level Essay and painting competition and the documentary screening on "Wetland conservation" and a College level Quiz competition on Environmental issues were conducted in the college.
- Kerala State Council for Science technology and Environment sponsored World Environment Day 2019 celebrations organized in Association with Biodiversity and ENCON Club and a Seminar on "Air Pollution" and Quiz program were conducted on 26th and 27th June 2019.
- The various programmes like a one day seminar on "Air Pollution", College level Essay and painting competition and the Planting tree sapling in the college campus. Renowned Taxonomist and Former Director of TBGRI Dr.A.G.Pandurangan delivered the Key note Address and Dr. K Murugan, Former Principal of Govt Arts College Thiruvananthapuram presented the seminar on Air Pollution
Contact Club Representative
- Dr Manju A
- Ms Jisha S
- Dr Nileena C B
- Mr Mahesh Kumar V
- Ms Remya A S
- Ms Silpa Suresh
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities