Community health Club
Aim :- The Community health club relies entirely on community empowerment for health and development issues. It aims to address sanitation and hygiene behavior change while strengthening social cohesion and commitment to common goals.
Nature of activities under Community Health Club
There are four major components being implemented in phases.
- The first component is the knowledge base focusing on-
- Mobilizing and sensitizing the community on hygiene and sanitation through participatory approaches
- Organizing communities into the club arrangements based on voluntary basis, creating common unity and purpose of Community Health Clubs.
- Conducting Health/Hygiene education through a card system and identifying practicable hygiene and sanitation interventions.
- The second component is practical skills applications.
- The third component is economic empowerment which focuses on promoting identified simple income generating activities.
- The fourth component is the social Activities/initiatives which looks at literacy training care of AIDS/HIV victims/orphans and other relevant social community identified development activities promotion
Activities of Community Health Club (2019-20)
- The Community Health Club of Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam in collaboration with Travancore Medical College organized an interactive seminar on “Thyroid & its Related Diseases” on 05/07/2019 at 1.30 pm at the seminar hall. Dr Aromal Chekavar, Endocrinology Surgeon, TMC inaugurated the session. The presenter of the session was Mr. Rohit Unnikrishnan (Relationship Officer, TMC).
- The Department of Zoology and Community Health Club of Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam in collaboration with District Medical Office organized a seminar on “Mosquito source Reduction” on 12/07/2019 at 1.30 pm at the seminar hall. Mr. Suresh T, District Malaria Officer, DMO, Kollam inaugurated the session.
- Sept. 28 is World Rabies Day. To promote awareness of this disease and provide clinicians with information to improve the prevention and treatment a seminar was held at Sree Narayana College for Women on 30/09/2019 at the seminar hall. The meeting was presided by Dr. C Ramesh Babu, President, Indian veterinary association and Dr.Dollymol P George , DAHO, KollamThe talk was done by Dr Raju S, Veterinary surgeon, DVC, Kollam- Socio Economic aspects of Rabies in Kerala and control of Rabies in animals.
- As a part of activities of Community health club and Department of Zoology of our college, we conducted a seminar on “Awareness on Corona Virus” (Resource Person: Dr.Sandhya R, Deputy District Medical Officer, DMO Office, Kollam) on 05/02/2020 at 11.30 am in the college Auditorium. After the class by Dr Sandhya Deputy DMO, Kollam, the students and all faculty took an oath to fight against Corona Virus.
Contact Club Representative
- Dr Sheeba M R
- Ms Sona G Krishnan
- Dr Selsa S
- Aswathy B
- Dr Archana S R
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities