Aim :- The purpose of the club is to create awareness of environmental issues, such as protection, conservation, preservation and restoration, with an emphasis on educating and empowering students. Students who are interested in environmental advocacy and awareness are encouraged to join to provide a sound education in basic science and to promote discovery and learning at all levels of biological organization such as molecular, cellular, organism, and ecosystem to make the students recognize the essential roles of science and biology in their lives today and tomorrow.
Nature of activities of Environmental Club
- The club mainly concentrates on enhancing the Greenery and conserving and documenting the bio-diversity of the campus.
- The diversity of plants and the lush greenery make the campus a haven for many species of birds and butterflies.
- All the trees in the campus have been surveyed and documented.
- Keen to spread the message in the society by conducting awareness programmes to public.
Activities of Environmental Club (2019-20)
- On June 5th 2019 World Environmental day was celebrated by conducting a debate on " Technology - good or bad "
- DOCUMENTARY PRESENTATION
On 02/03/2020, the club organized a documentary show on plastic pollution. While plastic has many valuable uses, we have become addicted to single-use or disposable plastic — with severe environmental consequences. Around the world, one million plastic drinking bottles are purchased every minute, while up to 5 trillion single-use plastic bags are used worldwide every year. In total, half of all plastic produced is designed to be used only once — and then thrown away. The documentary was successful in creating an awareness among the students about the ill effects of plastic use and the threats it caused to the existence of life on earth.
- WORKSHOP ON PAPER BAG MAKING
On 10/02/2020, the club organized a workshop on "paper bag making". This training workshop was not meant merely to teach students how to learn skills and earn some money; but it's all about our commitment to the environment and saving our planet from the biggest menace (plastic).
Contact Club Representative
- Dr Sekaran S
- Ms Remya A S
- Mr Vishnu S L
- Dr Sandhya Suresh
- Ms SeenaGopinathan
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities