Aim :- The sports club is committed to provide a healthy sporting habit among the students. It helps to learn teamwork at work, coordination among diverse cultural and ethnic groups and mainly infuses discipline and instills the value system in one individual value of time, precision and competitiveness are the major learning points apart from communication, coordination and teamwork. To encourage and motivate students to involve in various sports activities at both inter and intra college level. Sports club promotes the mass participation of students in shuttle badminton. Portable posts are assembled according to the needs of students. Hostel students use this facility even after college hours. One session was conducted to make our students aware about the fitness. Fitness exercises along with the use of fitness machine were taught. Sports club also provides the facility to use fitness centre. Fitness centre was opened for all students from 9 am to 5.00 pm. All instructions were given for the healthy use with safety. Sports club also provided facility for the teaching and non teaching staffs of the college to use health centre.
Nature of activities under Sports Club
- To provide leadership experiences for the students body at State & National Level Competitions.
- To provide recreational opportunities for the students retain their interest towards sports.
- To maintain communication with the College officials to conducts sports and games much effectively in a scheduled way.
Activities of Sports club (2019-20)
- Department of Physical Education association with Sports Club of Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam organize The Intercollegiate Women's Kabaddi championship 2019-20 on 18th& 19th Sep 2019. Sri. X. Earnest, President of the District Sports Council, Kollam, Inaugurated the event. Students from various colleges affiliated to the University of Kerala competed decisively to claim the championship. The event was truly remarkable for the sprit and competitiveness shown by the girls participated. H.H.SPBMNSS College for women, Karamana emerged as champions whereas Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam, the organizers, ended up as the First Runner-up in closely fought final match. In the closing ceremony Dr. Sunil Kumar, Principal of Sree Narayana College, Kollam, distributed the prizes.
- Department of Physical Education association with Sports Club of Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam, organized the Intercollegiate Men's and the Women's Weight lifting championship 2019-20 in the college premises on 29th& 30th Oct 2019. Competitors representing various colleges affiliated to the University of Kerala participated in the championship.
- Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam won the Women's championship 2019-20 with a clear margin surpassing the other colleges. Out of the 10 girls who contested 9 got medals including 3 gold, 3 silver & 3 bronze. University College, Thiruvananthapuram gained the men's championship.
Contact Club Representative
Coordinator:-Dr Gireesh Gopalakrishnan
Members:- Mr Anoop Kumar
Mr Mahesh Kumar V
Dr. Bijoy M
Dr Lakshmi Gopidas
Mr Shal Chandran
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities