Department of Hindi
Hindi is an official language of the central government for communication and administrative purposes along with English. As per the constitution of India, Hindi is one of the two languages that can be used in the Parliament, other being English. Even though the College is situated in a Non - Hindi speaking State, it has been offering undergraduate course in Hindi Language and Literature since 1981. Now we are happy to inform that our department is offering Diploma course in Translation and Communicative Hindi aligned with National Skills Qualifications Framework(NSQF)UGC Approved from 2020. The broad objectives of the courses offered by the department are as follows.
- To acquire a broad linguistic and cultural knowledge that build a high level of competency in the study of Hindi language.
- To understand the importance of Translation and Translator in all Inter-cultural exchanges.
- To learn and develop Skills in the Terminology and Technology of Translation
- To acquire Professional Skills in language transfer
- To enhance the students Linguistic competence and to keep pace with the need for linguistics specialists
- To develop awareness of current issues in Translating interpreting studies and practice.
- To enable the students to become efficient translators, interpreters, Bi- lingual editors or even tri-lingual editors or writers. Placement Initiative Diploma in Translation and Communicative Hindi would initiate appropriate placement campaign for aspiring students. Creating awareness and interest in relevant organizations will assist in establishing a separate Niche for Higher level Placement of the students. A dedicated placement call at the Department of Hindi, SN College for Women, Kollam will spearhead the placement initiative.
The department is enriched with five permanent faculties who are all PhD holders. They are experts in their fields of specialisation with immense exposure in presenting papers and publishing articles. The department is very active in conducting International and National seminars, webinars and conferences. The students of the department have been bringing laurels to the department by constantly bagging university ranks in all the years.
In addition to the traditional chalk and talk method classes, special interactive classes by applying group discussions, question answer, demonstration method are arranged to encourage the students and thereby improve their learning, class seminars frequently organised by the department help the students acquire knowledge, skill and confidence. Special classes are held during the holidays of students with special attention paid to weak students. The hidden creativity of the students is manifested through the publication of Magazine 'Arpan' in the department and by Hindi Club 'NayiUmang'
Click Here to View Department's Gallery
Click Here to View Department's Activities