DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY

         The Department of Botany was established in 1959, Prof. E.K Santha, who was also the then Principal was the first Head of the Department (1959-1970). The Department presently offers B.Sc. Botany course under the Choice Based Credit and Semester System. The faculty of the department has been active in publishing research papers, participating in national and international conferences and seminars and organizing seminars and workshops. The students are encouraged to actively involve in extracurricular activities. The faculty also helps the students to get familiarized with the local plants used traditionally as first hand medicines.

Activities List