National Cadet Corps (NCC)
Aim :- The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces. An efficient unit of 3(K) Girls BN NCC, Senior Wing is working at Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam with 160 cadets. In The year 2019-20 enrolled 70 cadets from first semester degree classes on 29th August 2019. The strength of second year was 51 and third year cadets was 39 .The tenure of NCC service is three years. Total of 35 parades were conducted, which includes both theory and practical syllabus of the year. Each parade was provided with refreshment for the cadets.
Motto :- The need of having motto for the corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAS) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The mottos suggested were "Duty and Discipline", "Duty and Unity", "Unity and Discipline". The final decision for selection of "Unity and Discipline" as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980.
Activities given to Cadets
- Cadets are trained in Para Sailing
- Undergo Drills with Weapons
- Firing with 22mm riffle
- Six minutes of flying training to all cadets.
- VSC trained cadets given maximum of 14 hrs log
- All cadets appearing for both NCC, B and C certificate exams
- Cadets undergo training for Aero Modeling and Combined Service Exams(CDSE)
- Institutional Training
- Camp training
- Annual republic day camp
- Prime minister’s rally
- Attachment training
- Social service and community development
- Adventure based learning
Activities of NCC(2019-20)
- June 5th World Environmental Day celebrations were inaugurated by our respected principal Dr.K.Anirudhan by planting saplings in the college premises and himself delivered a talk on disaster due to the use of plastics.
- Cadets participated in 'Kollam Monsoon Marathon 2019' conducted on 16thjune for creating awareness against Drug addiction in the society.
- In connection with International Yoga Day NCC unit conducted Yoga at college and also at Kollam beach on 21th June to make people aware of benefits of yoga in life.
- As part of International Day against Drug abuse and illicit Trafficking on June 26, the Cadets of NCC conducted awareness rally at Chinnakada to make people aware about the harmful effect of drugs and to determine a society free of drug abuse.
- As part of National level Mega Pollution awareness programme ,our NCC unit conducted Road Shows 'NukkadNatak' regarding the ill effects of noise pollution and Air pollution on 9th and 10th of July. Kargil Vijay Diwas was celebrated on July 26 with various programmes.
- On 13th August 2019 Flood Relief Operations like collection and distribution of various needy products and daily survival items to Kollam flood relief camp.
- On August 15, the cadets participated in Independence Day parade and celebrated the same by conducting various cleaning processes.
- As part of Swacch Bharath Programe, NCC unit organised a 'Road Show' to highlight the importance of cleanliness on 20th September 2019.
- Observance of Gandhi Jayanthi and in connection with grand finale of Mega Swacchta Pakhwada on 2nd October 2019, NCC unit organised Kollam beach cleaning and cadets also participated in the Gandhi Smruthiyathra.
- As part of "Clean Kollam Project",by Kollam Municipal corporation NCC cadets participated in the procession conducted on 1st November 2019 to make aware of the public about the importance of cleanliness.
- Participated in the Event "Run For Safe Child hood" conducted from Ashramam ground to Kollam beach on 20th November 2019.
- Observance of NCC day celebrations 2019, on 25th November ANO and the cadets visited An Old age home SS Samithi, Mayyanad and issued provisional items and daily survival items and cadets entertained the inmates with various cultural programmes.
- On Aids Day an Awareness rally was organized and 120 cadets participated in the rally. As part of Swacch Bharath 'Plogging' was organised at Kollam beach and 128 cadets were participated.
- Celebrated Republic Day by hoisting flag and conducted Republic day Parade. Cadets presented various patriotic events.
- On the second week of February 50 cadets appeared NCC 'B' Certificate Examination conducted at T K M college of Arts & sciences, Karikode and in the third week 45 cadets appeared 'C' Certificate examination conducted at Fatima Matha National College
Achievements of NCC Cadets during 2019-2020
- Our Pride U/O SARIKA S of III BA Hindi assured her participation in the Rajpath march on Republic Day Parade 2020 at New Delhi and also she completed her mountaineering course at Manali on July 2019.
- Sgt Surya Suresh, III BA Hindi attended All India Rock climbing Training Camp at Old SAF lines Gwalior,Madhya Pradesh for the period from 14th November 2019 to 25th November 2019.
- SU/O Jeethu J Panicker attended Attachment Training Camp at OTA Chennai for the period from 16th September 2019 to 21st September 2019.
- Seven cadets attended various Eak Bharath Shreshta Bharath camps.
- Aditya S of II BA English, attended EBSB at BN University College, Udaipur,Rajasthan from 25th December 2019 to 5th January 2020
- Anjali V G II BSc Biochemistry & Microbiology, attended EBSB at Govt. College Kasaragod of duration 21st Dec2019 to 01st Jan 2020.
- Sreelekshmi.S attended EBSB at Govt .College Kasaragod of duration 21st Dec 2019 to 01st Jan 2020.
- Anjali O S, attended EBSB at Govt. College Kasaragod of duration 21st Dec2019 to 01st Jan 2020.
- Athira B, attended EBSB at Govt. College Kasaragod of duration 21st Dec2019 to 01st Jan 2020.
- Vidyaghosh.A attended EBSB at B.D. College Pazhanji,Thrissur of duration 21/12/2019 to 1/1/2020.
- Dina M L,III BA English attended Trekking camp at Ootty
Contact Club Representative
ASSOCIATE NCC OFFICER:-
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities