Performing Arts and Music Club
Aim :- Music and Performance is a very special way of communicating that can enthuse and stimulate children in their learning. It is a way of expressing oneself and it can hugely influence the personal development of people. Music reflects the culture and society we live in and so the teaching and learning of music enables children to better understand the world they live in. It is a creative and fun activity but can also be a highly challenging subject. It also plays an important part in helping children feel part of a community. We provide opportunities for all children to create, play, perform and enjoy music, to develop the skills to appreciate a wide variety of musical genres and to begin to form opinion and critic the quality of music.
Nature of activities of Performing Arts and Music Club
- Develop proficiency as musicians, actors and dancers
- Know and understand how sounds are made and then organized into musical structures
- Know how music is made through variety of instruments
- Develop the interrelated skills of performing, composing and appreciating music.
- Improve coordination, flexibility, agility, strength and fine motor skills
- Express feeling, ideas, experiences and beliefs in a variety of ways
Activities of Performing Arts and Music Club (2019-20)
- As part of the activity of Performing Arts and Music Club, a karaoke music Ganamela competition was conducted on 06.08.2019. The competition was held in memory of the legendary Carnatic musician and film music composer, Sri V. Dakshinamoorthy.
- Representing Sree Narayana College for Women, the club conducted a devotional song programme, on 03.10.2019 at Sarada Mattom, Kollam as part of the Navarathri Pooja festivals
Contact Club Representative
- Ms Swetha
- Ms Indu Suresh
- Dr Reshma P P
- Dr Neelima Jayadevan
- Ms Indu K
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities