Aim :- The aims of the teaching and study of sciences are to encourage and enable students to develop inquiring minds and curiosity about science and the natural world, acquire knowledge, conceptual understanding and skills to solve problems and make informed decisions in scientific and other contexts.
Nature of activities of Science Club
- To arouse and cultivate students interest in learning science.
- To encourage student to participate actively in the activities organized by the Science Club
- To promote the use of IT in learning science
- To understand scientific knowledge through experiments.
Activities of Science Club (2019-20)
- Science club of our college conducted a District level seminar on 'Astronomy and space related science' for various school and college students in association with Depart of Physics, Energy conservation club and Break through Science Society, Kollam. A workshop conducted for observing solar eclipse happened on 26 December 2019. A Key note address by Mr. S. Vijayan, Former Principal, Govt. ITI, Kollam. He also gave a speech on the importance of space related science. Dr.Moncy V. John, Visiting Prof. M.G University gave a talk on 'Evolution of Universe' followed by the Talk on 'Role of Astronomy in evolving Modern World view' by Dr.P.N.Thankachan, State Secretary, BSS & Rtd. Asso. Prof., RIT, Kottayam. In the Afternoon session, K. Sivankutty, State Exe. Committee Member, BSS gave a talk on 'Solar Eclipse; Why & How'.
- Science day programme (February 28, 2020) As a part of science day celebration Science Club of our college in association with Depart of Physics conducted an 'Interdepartmental quiz competition'.
Contact Club Representative
- Dr. DeepakNand
- Dr.Poornima Vijayan
- Ms. Nileena C B
- Dr Usha S
- Ms Asha C L
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities